A gas leak on an outside gas meter at the Center for Sports Medicine & Rehabilitation, 1381 Jefferson Road, forced staff to evacuate the building for 20 minutes Monday morning.
The leak was detected at 7:50 a.m. The Northfield Fire Department and Xcel Energy were notified, and staff from both CSMR and Orthopaedic & Fracture Clinic were evacuated to the parking lot.
The leak was located in a meter outside the building. The building was cleared for occupancy at 8:10 a.m. and normal operations were resumed. Xcel finished making the necessary repairs at 9:20 a.m.