FamilyHealth Medical Clinic, a full service clinic operated by Northfield Hospital & Clinics with locations in Northfield, Lonsdale, Farmington and Lakeville, is offering free heart health screenings to area residents by appointment between 6:30 and 8:30 a.m. on the following dates:
- Northfield: Tuesday, Feb. 22, and Tuesday, March 1
- Lonsdale: Wednesday, Feb. 16
- Farmington: Thursday, Feb. 17, and Thursday, Feb. 24
- Lakeville: Tuesday, Feb. 15, and Wednesday, Feb. 23
The screening includes a fasting blood draw test, blood pressure check and height/weight measurements. All of the data will be compiled and reported back to participants so it can be shared with their primary medical provider. Participants will also receive important educational materials with tips on how to lead a heart-healthy lifestyle. A light breakfast will be provided.
Advanced registration is required. To make your appointment, call:
- Northfield: 507-646-1494
- Lonsdale: 507-744-3245
- Farmington: 651-460-2300
- Lakeville: 952-469-0500
Physicians recommend these strategies to help prevent heart disease:
1) Don’t smoke or use other tobacco products;
2) Get active. Adopt a regular exercise regimen;
3) Eat a heart-healthy diet. Build your diet around foods that are low in fat, cholesterol and salt and rich in whole grains, fruits, vegetables and low-fat dairy products;
4) Maintain a healthy weight.
5) Get regular health screenings.