1910 — The Odd Fellows Hospital closed and a hospital association raised funds to establish a hospital in a two-story frame house at the corner of Eighth Street and Water Street.
1934 — Northfield Hospital became a city hospital.
1938 — Northfield citizens approved money for a new hospital on West Second Street.
1939 — The new hospital opened.
1957 — Voters approved a $275,000 bond issue for the first major addition to the new hospital. The bond funds were combined with federal Hill-Burton grant money.
1958 — Construction began in September on a two-story addition.
1960 — Construction completed in early part of the year. Total cost was $616,000.
1961 — Ground was broken on the skilled nursing facility. It was funded by a $250,000 bequest from Minnie Dilley.
1963 — H.O. Dilley Skilled Nursing Facility opened.
1968 — $250,000 bond issue approved for addition and remodeling. The project included a one-story addition to the northeast corner of the building for a new kitchen, laundry area, improved building systems, a second floor surgery wing and the addition of a cardiac unit.
1970 — Construction project completed.
1983 — A $5.8 million bond issue passed to fund a new emergency department, radiology department , laboratory, admitting office and lobby area and the remodeling of the surgery department, medical records, pharmacy and patient rooms.
1986 — Ground broken on building project.
1987 — Project completed and dedicated on May 21.
1992 — Hospital begins $4.5 million remodeling and expansion project for surgical space, diagnostic imaging and a dining room for the skilled nursing facility and new construction of the Center for Sports Medicine and Rehabilitation at the intersection of Jefferson Parkway and Jefferson Road.
September 13, 2001 — After five years of planning and negotiations, ground was broken for a new hospital on land leased from St. Olaf College at 2000 North Avenue. The $34 million project was funded by revenue bonds and cash reserves.
May 2003 — New hospital opens for business.
October 2003 — Northfield Hospital purchases the Orthopaedic and Fracture Clinic in Northfield.
June 2005 — Northfield Hospital purchases the Women’s Health Center from Cannon Valley Clinic — Faribault.
August 2005 — The Women’s Health Center moves to the hospital.
November 2005 — FamilyHealth Medical Clinic–Lonsdale opens.
Fall 2006 — FamilyHealth Medical Clinic–Northfield opens in temporary quarters on Division Street while a new permanent facility is being built at the hospital campus.
January 2007 — FamilyHealth Medical Clinic–Farmington opens.
May 2007 — FamilyHealth Medical Clinic–Northfield and Women’s Health Center of Northfield Hospital relocate to an on-campus primary care clinic.
December 2007 — FamilyHealth Medical Clinic opens in Lakeville.
February 2008 — Center for Sports Medicine and Rehabilitation opens in Lakeville.
December 2011 — Expanded Sleep Center opens at Northfield Hospital.
May 2012 — Cancer Care & Infusion Center opens at Northfield Hospital.
August 2012 — FamilyHealth Medical Clinic opens in Elko New Market.
October 2012 — Emergency Medical Services moves its headquarters to 1600 Riverview Lane in Northfield.
October 2013 — Urgent Care Lakeville opens at the FamilyHealth Medical Clinic in Lakeville.