“The best way to find yourself is to lose yourself in the service of others”
Winter & Spring 2015 Orientation Dates:
March 16th (4:00-5:30 p.m.) Conference Center
April 27th (6:30-8:00 p.m.) Conference Center, summer volunteering
May 27th (6:30-8:00 p.m.) Meeting Room A, summer volunteering
To join the volunteer team at Northfield Hospital & Clinics, contact Sara Lippert at 646-1036 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Within Volunteer Services, our goal is to meet the needs of our patients and community by delivering quality service that reflects the Northfield Hospital & Clinics standard of care, and to provide a meaningful experience for our volunteers. Volunteers with Northfield Hospital have fun, meet interesting people, obtain career-related experience, and leave a lasting impression on patients and residents.
- Center for Sports Medicine and Rehabilitation – for those pursuing a career in the field of rehabilitation (physical therapy, occupational therapy, sports medicine), responsibilities include housekeeping and clerical duties. For more information click this link: CSMR Volunteer.
- Clerical Assistant – typing or word processing, filing, collating, and running errands for staff of one of the Northfield Hospital departments
- Emergency Medical Services – assist patients and families when appropriate, housekeeping duties, run errands to laboratory for equipment and/or supplies
- Hospice—support patients with terminal illnesses through companionship, massage and music therapy; and provide bereavement support to families
- Kaleidoscope Gift Shop – tend to customers and complete sale of merchandise
- Knitter/Sewer – knit baby hats and sew Christmas stockings for babies born at the Birth Center
- Long Term Care Center – leading or assisting with resident activities or projects, as well as visiting with individual residents
- Receptionist, Clerical and Housekeeping duties within the Breast Care Center, Cancer Care & Infusion Center, Endoscopy Clinic, and Same Day Surgery
Volunteers with Northfield Hospital & Clinics must:
- Be at least 16 years of age (applicants under 18 are required to obtain a parental signature)
- Provide a personal health history (click Here for list of required immunizations)
- Attend a 1 ½ hour orientation session
- Obtain a Quantiferon Tuberculosis blood test
- Agree to a State of Minnesota Department of Human Services Background Study
- Commit to 2 hours/week of volunteer service
For more information or to become a volunteer at Northfield Hospital & Clinics
Contact: Sara Lippert, Volunteer Coordinator
Phone: (507) 646-1036 or e-mail: email@example.com
Northfield Hospice is a program of care for patients who are considered to be in the last phase of life. The hospice team consists of many disciplines, including volunteers, who are committed to attending to the emotional needs as well as the medical issues of patients. Volunteers with Northfield Hospice are specially-trained volunteers who offer compassionate and respectful support to patients and their loved ones through a variety of ways.
Please click here for more detailed information and an application.
Contact: Sara Lippert, Volunteer Coordinator Phone: (507) 646-1457 or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org