All patients at Northfield Hospital have a right to pain management. We’ll work with you and your family to manage your pain. We believe that managing your pain is an important part of your care.
As a patient, you can expect:
- information about pain and measures for relief of pain.
- a concerned staff, committed to the prevention and management of pain.
- health professionals who respond quickly to reports of pain.
As a patient, we expect that you will:
- ask your doctor or nurse what to expect regarding your pain and the management of your pain.
- discuss with your doctor or nurse the options for relief of your pain.
- work with your doctor and nurse to develop a plan for management of your pain.
- ask for pain relief when your pain first begins.
- help the doctor and nurse to measure your pain.
- tell the doctor or nurse if your pain has not been relieved.
More information about pain and effective pain management is available here PDF flie