We Care About Your Privacy
At Northfield Hospital, as we care for your health we learn a lot about you. Some of what we learn becomes part of your medical record and billing records. We work hard to protect the privacy of your health information and we have rules for our employees to follow on how to manage this information.
How We Use Your Information…
We use your health information to treat you, to facilitate payment for services, to inform you of helpful services, and to run our business. This can include sharing information with people involved in your care. It may include sharing limited information for development and to conduct research to better serve you. We may also give information to law enforcement and certain government offices, if there is a threat to public health or safety.
We fully support your right to manage your health information. The Notice of Privacy Practices update for 2013 (pdf format) details these rights. These rights are summarized below.
- In general, you can see your health information upon request.
- You can request restrictions on who sees your health information.
- You can request corrections to your health information.
- You can request a list of certain disclosures we have made of your health information.
- We must get your written permission to share health information for any purpose other than those described above. If you give us permission, you may take it back at any time.
- You can ask questions about our privacy practices and you can disagree with any decision we make about your rights. You may do so by contacting us directly or contacting the U.S. government.
You may call us at any time with general questions about your privacy rights. When making specific requests, please write to us at the address listed below. Fulfilling some requests may incur a charge. We will let you know which of these requests will be charged and the approximate amount of such charges before we respond to your request.
We are glad to have you as a patient, and we will work hard to protect your health information.