What does Hospice do?
Northfield Hospice strives to reach the following goals:
- To provide compassionate, respectful care for the patient, helping him or her to manage symptoms such as pain, nausea, and weakness.
- To preserve the dignity of each patient and to ensure the integrity of his/her personal choices.
- To focus the care on the physical, emotional, and spiritual needs of the person and his/her family.
- To provide continuity to the caring process, whether at home, in a long-term-care facility, or another setting.
- To support family and friends during the period of grief and bereavement.