Have you ever wondered if you might have a sleep disorder? Answer the following questions.
- Do you snore?
- Are you excessively tired during the day?
- Have you been told you stop breathing during sleep?
- Do you have a history of hypertension?
- Is your neck size >17in (male) or > 16in (female)?
- Do you wake up to use the bathroom more than twice a night?
- Have you ever fallen asleep while driving?
Answering “Yes” to three or more of these questions may be a positive screen for sleep disordered breathing. Consider talking with your primary healthcare provider to discuss a sleep evaluation or referral to a sleep lab.