With summer here, we all like to take advantage of the beautiful warm days and enjoy summer activities and sports. However, it is important to protect your skin from the sun which can increase your risk for skin cancer and age your skin making you look older.
Protect your skin by:
• Wearing protective clothing and a broad-brimmed hat while out in the sun and avoiding the peak hours of the sun's intensity if possible
• Use sunscreen with SPF of 30 or higher
• Apply sunscreen 15-30 minutes before going out in the sun and reapply every 2 hours
• If swimming or sweating, use a water-resistant or water-proof sunscreen
• Reapply sunscreen after swimming or sweating
• Remember, you can still get a sunburn even on a cloudy day