Meet Dr. Shannon Lau
Every person has their own unique perspective and priorities regarding their own health. The most important piece of the work I do as a healer is to listen to each person with compassion and tailor my medical advice to their specific priorities. I strive to promote the wellness of the whole person. I truly enjoy getting to know my patients and am grateful to be a part of such intimate moments in their lives. I especially enjoy being present for the birth of babies!
I play with my kids. I like to run – I’ve done the Twin Cities Marathon. I like to go to brewpubs with my husband. We like to travel – camping in the U.S., and some international travel back before we had kids. British Columbia was my favorite place; it’s so beautiful.
- Minimally invasive hysterectomies (vaginal and laparoscopic approaches)
- Sub-urethral slings to treat urinary incontinence
- Sexual medicine, evaluation and treatment of sexual pain and low libido
- Transgender care
College: Wartburg College, BA, International Relations
Medical School: University of Iowa Carver College of Medicine
Residency: Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center
- Board Certified, American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Fellow of The American Congress of Obstetricians and Gynecologists