Meet Dr. Ashley Marek
Like most physicians, I got into medicine because I wanted to make a meaningful impact on people’s lives. Surgery can be an overwhelming experience for patients. Even though it is my day-to-day, I try to remember that it can be a once-in-a-lifetime event for many patients. Therefore, it is my goal that that my patients and families feel comfortable and confident with their care. Every day I do my best to provide information, guidance and time for discussion as we work together to find the best care plan for each patient.
In my free time I like to travel, cook, attend theater, and spend time with my dog, Clancy.
- Hernia surgery – open and laparoscopic
- Endocrine – Adrenal, thyroid and parathyroid surgery
- Gastrointestinal – colorectal and biliary disease
College: Minnesota State University Moorhead, BS, Mass Communications, BA, Biology, Spanish minor
Fellowship: University of Minnesota, Surgical Critical Care
Medical School: University of North Dakota School of Medicine
Internship: Hennepin County Medical Center, General Surgery
Residency: Hennepin County Medical Center, General Surgery
- American Board of Surgery, Board Certified in General Surgery and Surgical Critical Care
- Fellow of the American College of Surgeons