Process will expand for health conditions and essential workers when possible
MARCH 10, 2021 – The state of Minnesota extended eligibility for COVID vaccination on March 9 to include people with underlying health conditions, and essential frontline workers.
NH+C is working on process and capacity to meet the state’s changes in vaccine prioritization.
At this time, NH+C is vaccinating people 65 and older, following state priorities. We are not scheduling people based on health conditions, or essential workers, at this time.
When we are able to expand vaccination, we will offer a waitlist process for people who meet the criteria and live in NH+C’s service area. You must hear from us before scheduling an appointment. PLEASE DO NOT CALL.
At this time, we are contacting people 65+, using patient records and a waitlist. If you are 65+ and live in NH+C’s service area, please join our waitlist if you wish to be contacted. Fill out the form here: COVID-19 Vaccine Waitlist Form
We will offer a separate waitlist based on health conditions when we are able. We will keep the community informed as best we can as the situation develops – here on our website and through news outlets and social media.
When we can, we will follow state guidelines to offer vaccine to:
- People with specific underlying health conditions:
- Sickle cell disease
- Down Syndrome
- oxygen-dependent chronic lung or heart conditions
- those who are in active cancer treatment
- those immunocompromised from organ transplant
- Targeted essential workers in food processing plants
- People with rare conditions or disabilities that put them at higher risk
After that, when capacity allows, we will offer vaccine to:
- People age 45+ with ONE or more specific underlying medical conditions, or 16+ with TWO or more specific underlying medical conditions (see MDH criteria here: "Who's Getting Vaccinated?")
- People 50+ in multi-generational housing
- Essential frontline workers defined by the state
We encourage you to seek other options for vaccine. Register at Minnesota’s Vaccine Connector at vaccineconnector.mn.gov/ . Minnesotans 18 and older can complete the online form. The Vaccine Connector will:
- alert you when you are eligible to receive a vaccine
- connect you to resources to schedule a vaccine appointment
- notify you if there are vaccine opportunities in your area
Insurance and identification are not needed for the state’s Vaccine Connector. Learn more: MN COVID-19 Vaccine Connector FAQs
NH+C’s goal is to vaccinate people in our community as efficiently and fairly as possible with the vaccine and staff capacity we have at any given time. We are committed to serving all members of our community.