Northfield Hospital Auxiliary
The Northfield Hospital Auxiliary is a dynamic, service organization with a rich tradition of successful projects that support Northfield Hospital & Clinics and community wellness and healthcare. Our commitment is to fundraising, community education about the programs and services of Northfield Hospital, and volunteering in support of those services.
Founded in 1951, the Auxiliary has raised and contributed well over $860,000 in support of programs and services at Northfield Hospital and related community projects.
Three newsletters mailed to members and three general membership meetings each year help keep us informed about all aspects of the hospital and its clinics.
Members work through the hospital Volunteer Coordinator for training and assignment to services such as the Breast Care Center, Surgery Center and Kaleidoscope Gift Shop.
Making a Difference
Here are some of the contributions made by the Auxiliary:
- 10-$1,000 scholarships for education in health-related fields, from high school graduates to PhD students. Forms available the first of the year thru March 1 and scholarships are awarded each May.
- Phototherapy unit for First Touch Birth Center
- Non-invasive bladder scanner
- Dual chamber infusion pumps
- Community notification phone system
- Mammography unit
- Lifeline equipment
- The Community Clinic that preceded HealthFinders
- Major contributions to community organizations, including Meals-On-Wheels, Senior Wellness Center, Spring Creek Accessible Playground, The Key, Northfield Youth Sports Collaborative, HealthFinders and Thursday’s Table.
- Early literacy, a book for each newborn since 1999
- In support of an effort to eliminate SIDS, each newborn receives a SleepSack
- A guest WiFi System for the hospital
- $20,000 for a walking/biking path from North Avenue to the hospital parking lot
- $100,000 for the Breast Care Center
- $150,000 for the Cancer Care & Infusion Services and Sleep Center
Northfield Hospital Auxiliary Board Members
Joan Pralle and Sue Garvey, Co-Presidents
Michelle Pautzke, Treasurer
Rita Olson, Secretary
Mary Schwake, Historian
Download this brochure and return to:
Northfield Hospital Auxiliary
2000 North Avenue
Northfield, Minnesota, 55057
Questions: call 507-646-1041
Kaleidoscope Gift Shop
The Kaleidoscope gift shop is a project of the Northfield Hospital Auxiliary. It offers smart, imaginative merchandise designed to generate excitement and conversation. You’ll find jewelry, scarves, hats, clothing, lamps, decorations, personal items, gifts and more.
Purchases at the Kaleidoscope support the services provided by Northfield Hospital & Clinics and other local health initiatives. The Auxiliary played an important role in the development of the hospital’s Breast Care Center, and has pledged $150,000 to the Cancer Care & Infusion Center. The Auxiliary also supports HealthFinders, the Northfield Healthy Community Initiative and others, and provides scholarships for those pursuing education in a health-related field.
The Kaleidoscope gift shop is open from 10 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Thursday, from 10 a.m. to 12: 30 p.m. on Fridays, and from 10:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. Saturdays, except for the summer months when it is closed on the weekends. This service is provided by the Northfield Hospital Auxiliary.
Auxiliary Book Fair
2017 Book Fair - Sale dates April 24-29, 2017
Book Fair Coordinators:
Rita Olsen, 320-267-1766
Alison Unger, 952-237-8151
Visit our Face Book page for details, volunteers, times, etc. Facebook page
This Northfield tradition got its humble start 57 years ago on the back porch of an Auxiliary member’s home. (At the time, members thought they might collect enough books to do the sale once.) Now, it fills the Northfield Ice Arena with more than 10,000 books, DVDs, CDs and vinyl. The Book Fair has raised over $850,000 to support Hospital projects and scholarships.
2017 Book Fair schedule
· April 10-21: weekdays 9 am – 5 pm
· April 15: Saturday 10 am – 2 pm
· April 22: Saturday 9 am – noon
· April 24: 5 pm – 9 pm
· April 25-28: 9 am – 9 pm
(Friday is 50% off day)
· April 29: 8 am – 3 pm
$5 bag sale 8 am – 12:30 pm; FREE books 1 pm – 3 pm
See the time lapse of 2014’s Book Raid. Click here.