Volunteer orientations dates:
Wednesday, 11/2 6:30-8pm Conference Center
Our goal is to meet the needs of our patients and community by delivering quality service that reflects the Northfield Hospital & Clinics standard of care, and to provide a meaningful experience for our volunteers. Volunteers have fun, meet interesting people, obtain career-related experience, and leave a lasting impression on patients and residents.
- Attend a 1 ½ hour monthly orientation session
- Agree to a State of Minnesota Department of Human Services Background Study
- Complete a Volunteer Pre-Placement Health Evaluation
- Commit to 2 hours/week of volunteer service
- Obtain a parental signature if applicant is under 18 years of age (applicants must be at least 16 years old)
Benefits of Volunteering with Northfield Hospital & Clinics
- Free Flu Vaccinations every fall
- Recognition events and gifts in April
- Employee/Volunteer Picnic in August
- Access to NH&C classes and activities
- General good feeling for volunteering time and talents to help others!
Volunteer Opportunity Directory
Breast Care Center
- Monday-Friday - 2-4 hour shifts between 8:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
- Greet patients, appointment reminder phone calls, make coffee, light organizing/cleaning
Cancer Care & Infusion Center
- Monday-Friday - 2-4 hours shifts between 8:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
- Greet patients, make coffee, light organizing/cleaning, clerical projects
Center for Sports Medicine & Rehabilitation (off campus)
- Monday-Friday - 2-hour shifts between 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
- Restock items, sanitize, organize lobby, pull charts, copying, greet patients as appropriate
- 7 days a week - 4-hour shifts between 1:00 p.m. - 9:00 p.m.
- Clean rooms, restock linen, sanitize areas, courier specimens/paperwork/equipment
- Volunteers must be 18 years of age of older
- Variable hours throughout the week
- Support patients and families through companionship, music, or massage
- Provide bereavement support through phone calls, visits, or support groups
- Support the hospice program through clerical tasks
To learn more about volunteering for Hospice, please click HERE.
Kaleidoscope Gift Shop
- Monday-Saturday - 3 ½ hour shifts either 10:00 a.m. – 1:30 p.m. or 1:30 p.m. – 4:00 p.m.
- Manage cash register and answer questions about merchandise
Knitting, Crocheting, & Sewing
- Make baby hats and stockings for newborns in the First Touch Birth Center (at-home volunteer opportunity)
Long Term Care Center
- 7 days a week - variable hours
- Lead or assist with resident activities: News Reading Program, BINGO, small game activities, crafts, special events
- Pet Therapy visits
- 1:1 resident visits
Meals on Wheels
- 7 days a week - Lunch hour shifts 12:00 p.m. - 1:00 p.m.
- Pick up prepared meals at hospital and deliver to community members per specified route
- 7 days a week - 2-4 hour shifts
- Triage call lights, assist with the HELP Program
- Prior medical experience required
- Monday-Friday - 4-hour shifts between 7:30 a.m. - 11:00 a.m.
- Greet and support family members, make coffee, clerical projects
For more information or to become a volunteer at Northfield Hospital & Clinics, call (507) 646-1036.
HELP video for Volunteer Orientation