Emergency Medical Services (EMS)
To sign up for EMS education programs, call 507-646-6551.
Emergency Medical Services provides 24-hour emergency care and transportation to 284 square miles in parts of Rice, Dakota, Scott and Goodhue Counties. Our nationally registered paramedics and emergency medical technicians bring advanced care to your home or to the scene of an accident or illness. EMS providers have constant contact with an emergency room doctor based at Northfield Hospital’s Emergency Department. They are trained in:
- Establishing emergency airways,
- Administering medication for pain and critical illnesses
- Starting IV’s
- Performing advanced assessments
- Screening for heart attacks and strokes
- EMS Education Classes - First Responder/EMS/EMT/CPR and refresher courses
Counties: Parts of Dakota County, Rice County, Scott County and Goodhue County.
Cities: Northfield, Randolph, Elko New Market, Lonsdale, and Dundas.