Volunteer activities continue to be suspended through June 2021.
Please check back here for updates.
Our goal is to meet the needs of our patients and community by delivering quality service that reflects the Northfield Hospital + Clinics standard of care, and to provide a meaningful experience for our volunteers. Volunteers have fun, meet interesting people, obtain career-related experience, and leave a lasting impression on patients and residents.
- Apply online to volunteer
- Attend a 1 ½ hour orientation session
- Agree to a State of Minnesota Department of Human Services Background Study
- Complete a Volunteer Pre-Placement Health Evaluation
- Commit to 2 hours/week of volunteer service
- Obtain a parental signature if applicant is under 18 years of age (applicants must be at least 16 years old)
Benefits of Volunteering with Northfield Hospital + Clinics
- Free Flu Vaccinations every fall
- Recognition events and gifts in April
- General good feeling for volunteering time and talents to help others!
Volunteer Opportunity Directory
Breast Care Center
- Monday-Friday - 2-4 hour shifts between 8:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
- Greet patients, appointment reminder phone calls, make coffee, light organizing/cleaning
Cancer Care & Infusion Center
- Monday-Friday - 2-4 hours shifts between 8:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
- Greet patients, make coffee, light organizing/cleaning, clerical projects
Rehabilitation Services - Northfield (off campus)
- Monday-Friday - 2-hour shifts between 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
- Restock items, sanitize, organize lobby, pull charts, copying, greet patients as appropriate
- 7 days a week - 4-hour shifts between 8:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m.
- Clean rooms, restock linen, sanitize areas, courier specimens/paperwork/equipment
- Volunteers must be 18 years of age of older
- Variable hours throughout the week
- Support patients and families through companionship, music, or massage
- Provide bereavement support through phone calls, visits, or support groups
- Support the hospice program through clerical tasks
To learn more about volunteering for Hospice, please click HERE.
Kaleidoscope Gift Shop
- Monday-Saturday - 3 ½ hour shifts either 10:00 a.m. – 1:30 p.m. or 1:30 p.m. – 4:00 p.m.
- Manage cash register and answer questions about merchandise
Knitting, Crocheting, & Sewing (We are not accepting baby hat donations at this time)
- Make baby hats and stockings for newborns in the Birth Center (at-home volunteer opportunity)
- Make blankets for Long Term Care families
Long Term Care Center
- 7 days a week - variable hours
- Lead or assist with resident activities: News Reading Program, BINGO, small game activities, crafts, special events
- Pet Therapy visits
- 1:1 resident visits
Meals on Wheels
- 7 days a week - Lunch hour shifts 12:00 p.m. - 1:00 p.m.
- Pick up prepared meals at hospital and deliver to community members per specified route
- 7 days a week - 2-4 hour shifts
- Assist with the HELP/Concierge Programs
- Visit patients and families
- Monday-Friday - 4-hour shifts between 7:30 a.m. - 11:00 a.m.
- Greet and support family members, make coffee, clerical projects
- 7 days a week, 2 hour shifts between 12:00pm-6:00pm
- Greet patients and families
- Light organizing/cleaning
- Clerical projects
For more information or to become a volunteer at Northfield Hospital + Clinics, call (507) 646-1036.
HELP video for Volunteer Orientation
Hospital Volunteer Application - Volunteer activities continue to be suspended through June 2021. Applications are not being accepted at this time. Meals on Wheels volunteers can apply.