Obstetrics/ Pregnancy Care
Whether you’re pregnant, trying or thinking about it, this is an exciting time in your life. Your child’s birth will be life changing. Our team wants to make it an incredible experience and help you give birth your way. Everybody's birth story is powerful. We want your birth story to be memorable and the story you want it to be.
Appointments: (507) 646-1478
In labor? Call 507-646-1205
Wanting to transfer your care? Call 507-646-1478.
Pregnancy Care/Obstetrics - Women's Health
From childbirth planning to fertility issues to physical and emotional changes, our team offers supportive, compassionate care. You probably have many questions. Our providers, with years of experience caring for moms and babies, have the answers. They understand your needs as a woman and provide caring, support and guidance based on your personal needs and wishes.
By choosing to receive care from our highly qualified, board certified obstetrician/gynecologists and nurse midwives, you take an important step toward your - and your baby's - best health.
Want to transfer your care to us?
Are you wanting to transfer your care and deliver at the Birth Center? We welcome you and will take good care of you.
You will need to establish care with one of our providers in the Women's Health Center before you deliver. Call the Women's Health Center at 507-646-1478.
Hooray You're Pregnant! What's Next?
Your first OB visit will be the Early Pregnancy Class.
Your first OB appointment will include three separate appointments on the same day.
- First appointment: You will have an ultrasound.
- Second appointment: You will meet with your provider. She will review your past medical history, previous pregnancies, answer your questions and do a physical exam, if necessary.
- Third appointment: Then, you’ll go to the lab to give a urine sample and have your blood drawn.
Sign up for the Early Pregnancy Class
Join other parents to learn about what to expect with prenatal care, early pregnancy education, women’s health and learn about the Birth Center. You can get all your questions answered prior to your first prenatal care visit. This class is FREE.
Take a Tour of the Birth Center
Pregnancy Care Highlights
Our Certified Nurse Midwives (CNM) encourage a natural childbirth experience, letting the miracle of birth unfold through empowerment, attentive waiting, natural alternatives and low intervention.
Modern Birth Center
The birth of your baby is a very special time for you and your family. The birth center was designed with feedback from new moms with lots of thoughtful touches.
After Baby Care
Breastfeeding / Lactation Consultant
We provide you with education and support to help make breastfeeding a positive experience for you and your new baby. Once home, you can make an appointment to meet with the lactation consultant one-on-one to provide additional support, discuss problems and answer your questions.
Whether this is your first baby or your fourth, you probably have lots of questions. We're here to help. As experienced pediatricians and family medicine providers, we'll answer your questions and follow your baby through these first few months all the way to becoming an adult.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the best way to communicate with my provider?
What do I need to know about pregnancy and COVID-19 (Coronavirus)?
Learn more about Pregnancy and COVID-19 (Coronavirus).
What if mental health concerns arise during my pregnancy?
We can provide basic evaluation and treatment for mental health concerns and will refer as necessary.
Should I stop taking my mental health medications if I am pregnant?
If you are already taking medication, please don't stop taking it if you have a postivie pregnancy test unless advised to by your primary care provider.
Our Team of Doctors and Providers
Information, Resources & Links
Helpful Information During Pregnancy
- Routine OB Care
- How to Manage Nausea and Vomiting in Pregnancy
- Safe Medications During Pregnancy
- Fetal Movement
Childbirth Forms - Please complete all forms around 20 weeks. Please print form 3 and bring to your 20+ week clinic visit.
- Patient Registration Form - This form collects information we need to get your registered before you come to the hospital.
- My Birth Plan Form - A birth plan lets us know your wishes for your child's birth. You will answer questions regarding your birth experience: labor, delivery, baby care/feeding education needs, etc. This helps us to provide the individualized care you want during your delivery.
Pregnancy, Labor, Delivery and Postpartum Information
For more information on a wide range of pregnancy topics, visit the American Congress of of Obstetrician and Gynecologists.
- Exercise During Pregnancy
- Gestational Diabetes
- Nutrition During Pregnancy
- USDA Food Safety in Pregnancy
- Prenatal Development - How Your Baby Grows During Pregnancy
- Your Pregnancy Week by Week - A Guide to Tracking Your Baby's Development
- Routine Tests During Pregnancy
- Travel During Pregnancy
- Postpartum Depression