Winter can feel cold and isolating. It’s important to keep your spirits up and stay connected with family and friends. Here are ten ways to stay connected.
- Gather virtually – Schedule regular video calls with family or friends. Eat dinner together, play a game or just talk. It helps to see people. Can't video chat? Schedule regular calls with friends or family.
- Go on a walk with someone. Bundle up if it’s cold or meet at the mall or check with your local schools to see if they allow indoor walking.
- Share coffee, a meal or dessert with someone.
- Find a support person and check in with each other.
- Try these virtual activities you can do together with friends or family. Discuss it.
- Take a virtual museum tour
- Visit a national park
- Listen to a concert –Google online concerts
- Tour the International Space Station
- Find an activity on Google Arts & Culture
- Check with your local library about a community book club.
- Call someone you haven’t talked to in a while.
- Check in on others who live alone or have recently lost someone.
- Volunteer with a local organization. You’ll feel better by helping others and you’ll meet other volunteers.
- Share recipes and cook together virtually
You’ll find that staying connected to others helps you feel better and improves your mental health.