DECEMBER 19, 2022 – Defeat of Jesse James Day committee today donated $6,000 for cancer care at Northfield Hospital + Clinics.
Each year the committee’s “Give Cancer the Boot” campaign brings financial support plus awareness of excellent local care at NH+C’s Cancer Care and Infusion Center, and Breast Care Center. We appreciate the steadfast support of DJJD leaders.
“Give Cancer the Boot” donations help fund comfort items for patients undergoing breast surgery, and patients starting cancer treatment; weighted blanket available for patients during chemotherapy treatments; and other amenities to comfort and support cancer patients at NH+C.
“These touches make it a little better for cancer patients,” says Jodi Wieczorek, Director of the Cancer Care & Infusion Center. “This brings them comfort, and we’re so grateful.”
Pictured (left to right):
- Lisa Lang, Director of Diagnostic Imaging (including the Breast Care Center)
- Elizabeth Rowland, Lead Mammography Technologist
- Galen Malecha, Defeat of Jesse James Days committee
- Jodi Wieczorek, Director of Cancer Care & Infusion Center
- Rebecca Peterson, Defeat of Jesse James Days committee and Give Cancer the Boot leader
- Katie Stime, Breast Care Nurse Navigator
“Give Cancer the Boot” is held each year during Defeat of Jesse James Days in September.
Donors who wish to support cancer care at NH+C also can donate anytime through Northfield Hospital Foundation.