Here are some fun activities to get everyone moving after that big holiday meal.
- Play a game of charades. Try reverse charades to get more people moving.
- When’s the last time you danced in the kitchen or living room? Turn up the music and get dancing.
- Travel to different areas of the house and do an activity.
- Go on a nature scavenger hunt – look for an animal, three different kinds of trees, blue door, fire hydrant, nest, pine cone, leaf
- Go on a family walk. Getting out in the fresh air will help your mood and get your body burning those calories.
- Have a family game of flag football, soccer or kickball
- If there is snow, go skiing, sledding or snowshoeing
- Look to see if there is a local run/walk that the whole family can participate in.
No matter what you decide, get moving.