Price Estimate / Price Transparency
The information provided on price estimates is a good faith estimate and is not a guarantee of what you will be charged. Based on your unique medical condition and needs as determined by your health care provider and insurance coverage, the actual charges may be more or less than the estimate given based on the services received during your visit.
The actual cost will depend upon a variety of factors such as:
- The length of time spent in surgery or recovery
- The number of days spent in the hospital
- Specific equipment
- Supplies and medications required
- Additional tests required by your health care provider
- Any unusual special care or unexpected conditions or complications
These estimates do not include some physician charges (e.g., anesthesiologist, radiologist, pathologist, consulting physicians, etc.)
Call Your Insurance Company
Your insurance company can provide you with the most accurate cost estimate of what you will pay. Please check with your insurance company to see if the service is covered and to see if Northfield Hospital & Clinics is in network with your plan.
- Insurance companies have real-time, consumer-specific information about deductibles, copays and other features of a consumer’s health plan and health care utilization during the plan year.
- Because health insurers negotiate different payment rates for services with each health care provider, including hospitals, physicians and clinics, the best way to compare prices you will pay at your local health care providers is to contact your own insurance company.
Call to Get a Price Estimate
Price Estimate Line: 507-646-1084
Please have the following information ready:
- Description of services needed
- Insurance card
- Deductible, co-insurance, out-of-pocket max and co-payment amounts
Price Estimate Tool
Please complete the form below. Choose the service category and follow the prompts to view your estimate. Any information entered on this website is securely stored in our vendor Trubridge’s database.
Issues with the Price Estimate Tool
If you cannot find the service you are looking for or are having trouble generating a cost estimate, please call the Price Estimate Line at 507-646-1084 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you do not have insurance, please call the Price Estimate Line at 507-646-1084 or send an email to email@example.com
Surprise Billing or Balance Billing
“Surprise billing” is an unexpected balance bill. This can happen when you can’t control who is involved in your care—like when you have an emergency or when you schedule a visit at an in-network facility but are unexpectedly treated by an out-of-network provider. Learn more about Your Rights and Protections Against Surprise Medical Bills and Sus Derechos y Protecciones Contra Facturas Médicas de Sorpresa
Right to Receive a Good Faith Estimate of Expected Charges
You have the right to receive a “Good Faith Estimate” explaining how much your health care will cost. Learn more Right to Receive a Good Faith Estimate of Expected Charges Notice.
Northfield Hospital charges.
Clinic Charges - Top 25 Most Frequent Services
COVID-19 Lab Test
COVID testing in clinics is covered by most insurance carriers plus Medicare and MN Medicaid. Patients do not incur the expense. Insurance will be billed for patients who have insurance coverage at the time of testing. If a patient does not have coverage at the time of testing, NH+C tries to seek reimbursement through government funding before billing the patient. The cash price of the COVID-19 diagnostic lab test is $106.