- 1 red bell pepper, stemmed, seeded, and cut into 1-inch squares
- 1 green bell pepper, stemmed, seeded, and cut into 1-inch squares
- 1 zucchini, sliced into 1-inch thick rounds
- 1 yellow squash, sliced into 1-inch thick rounds
- 1 red onion, cut into 1-inch chunks
For the marinade:
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ½ teaspoon dried basil
- ½ teaspoon dried rosemary
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
Tip: Don't be afraid to try other vegetables! Eggplant, carrots, broccoli, cauliflower, and mushrooms are all good grilled!
- If using wooden skewers, soak skewers in water for 15-20 minutes.
- Preheat grill to medium heat.
- Thread skewers alternating red and green pepper squares, zucchini slices, yellow squash slices, and red onion.
- Whisk olive oil, basil, rosemary, thyme, garlic powder, salt and pepper in a bowl; brush mixture over vegetables and let sit for 10-15 minutes.
- Cook skewers on grill until vegetables are tender, turning occasionally, 10-12 minutes.
Makes 4 servings
For 2 skewers: 184 calories, 14.1 grams fat, 2 grams saturated fat, 0 grams trans fat, 0 mg cholesterol, 13 milligrams sodium, 14 grams total carbohydrate, 4 grams dietary fiber, 8 grams sugars, 3 grams protein.