Save time and hassle. Get care in the comfort and convenience of your own home.
See Your Provider Live Using Your Mobile Device or Computer
It’s never been easier for you to access great care. With Video Visits, you can have a face-to-face appointment with your provider, discuss your concerns, get answers and a care plan tailored to you. You get the same personalized care you trust now, in the comfort of your own home.
Video Visits are face-to-face appointments with a NH+C health care provider through a phone, computer or tablet. Video Visits help you and your provider manage chronic conditions like diabetes or asthma, or common illnesses, like sinus infections, rashes or allergies. Call your clinic today to schedule an appointment.
How to Schedule a Video Visit
Call your clinic to schedule. If you aren't sure if a Video Visit is right for you, call and we will discuss your options.
Conditions That Can Be Treated
Not sure? Give your clinic a call and they'll help figure out what type of appointment is best.
- Management of chronic conditions (diabetes, high blood pressure, asthma, heart disease, etc.)
- Common illnesses, like sinus infections, rashes, allergies, urinary tract infection, eye infection
- Stomach problems like constipation, diarrhea, acid reflux
- Women's health issues
- Nausea, vomiting
- Medication checks or refills
- Counseling, and supportive therapy
- Health education, outreach, and preventive care
- Post-emergency or post-hospital follow-up
Benefits of a Video Visit
- It’s easy
- Comfort and convenience of your own home
- No waiting
- Same great care with face-to-face appointments
- No driving or transportation costs
- Similar cost to regular office visit and covered by most insurance plans
- Decrease unnecessary urgent care or emergency room visits
Frequently Asked Questions
What do I need to do to prepare for my Video Visit?
Can I request my regular provider?
If you have a primary care provider, you can request an appointment with him/her. We will do our best to make that happen.
What hours are Video Visits available?
At this time, Video visits are available during standard clinic hours.
How can I get the most out of my Video Visit?
Think about what you want to discuss with your provider. What are your issues and concerns? Be prepared to describe your symptoms. Do you need any prescriptions renewed or need a new one? Prepare a list of questions you want to ask.
What sorts of things need a clinic visit?
Not sure? Give us a call and we'll help figure out what type of appointment is best.
- Physicals, procedures, pre-operation or pre-procedure exams
- Broken bones
- Well child checks under 18 months with immunizations
- Abdominal and back pain
- Swelling, wounds
What if I still need to be seen in a clinic after my Video Visit?
If your provider determines further testing or examination is necessary or your symptoms don’t go away, a follow up clinic visit can be scheduled.
How do I reschedule or cancel a Video Visit?
If you need to cancel or reschedule a Video Visit, call your clinic.
How much does a Video Visit cost?
A Video visit usually costs the same as an office visit including co-pays. Check with your insurance plan. If you complete a Video Visit and your provider feels you need to be seen in a clinic or your symptoms later require you to go to a clinic for the same condition within seven days of your Video Visit, you won’t be charged for the prior Video Visit.
What if I have a co-pay?
A Video Visit is treated like an in-person visit and patients are responsible for any co-pays. Co-pays do not need to be paid before the Video Visit. They will be added to the final bill.
Are Video Visits recorded? Are they secure?
Video Visits are not recorded. Yes, they are secure.