Breast Care Close to Home - Breast Care Center
To talk to the Breast Care Navigator: 507-646-1455
The Breast Care Center provides high-end, digital imaging with personalized education and support. It resides in Northfield Hospital just a few steps from the Women’s Health Center and the Northfield Clinic. Our goal is to provide complete and compassionate health care for all breast related issues in a quiet and comfortable setting.
Breast Care Center Amenities
Providing the special touches to make your stay more comfortable.
- Warm gowns
- Mammo pads to cushion equipment
- Private waiting room for breast care center patients
- Specialty beverages
- Soft mammo pads to cushion equipment
Breast Care Navigator
A Breast Care Navigator is available to help patients navigate their decision-making process and to help with scheduling and education. The Breast Cancer Navigator is an RN and helps:
- Educate patients on diagnosis and treatment
- Triage symptoms related to disease and treatment
- Schedule appointments
- Navigate the insurance system on behalf of the patient
- Assist with patient and family paperwork
- Liaison with the Medical Oncology and Radiation Oncology providers and staff.
The Breast Care Center encourages regular breast exams for women of all ages and screening mammograms every year for women age 40 and older. You can schedule your mammogram directly with our schedulers at 507-646-1143.
Checks for changes in the breast and helps diagnose breast cancer and other conditions. Learn more about 3D mammograms.
Looks more closely at a specific area of the breast. Addresses lumps, discharge, skin changes or other abnormalities found in a screening or noted by a provider.
Exam performed to tell the difference between a solid lesion or fluid filled cyst.
Breast MRI may be used with mammography to screen certain patients such as those with a high risk of breast cancer. MRI is also useful in finding out the stages of breast cancer, treatment options and patient follow-up after treatment.
If there are any concerns after seeing your breast imaging, the radiologist may recommend more diagnostic tests. The vast majority of these tests find noncancerous results, but it is important for you to have them if recommended. The Breast Care Center has the latest diagnostic tools, including:
- Cyst aspiration – procedure to obtain fluid using a small needle.
- Needle core breast biopsy – procedure to get a core sample of tissue using a hollow needle. May be stereotactic, MRI or ultrasound-guided.
- Needle localization – uses a thin wire to guide a surgeon to an abnormality in the breast.
Breast Cancer Care
Thanks to advancements in research, treatment and early diagnosis, millions of people are surviving breast cancer today. If you’ve been diagnosed with breast cancer, this can be a confusing and scary time for both you and your loved ones. We’re here to help you throughout your cancer journey. We provide advanced cancer care services in a comfortable, soothing setting. You’ll receive care close to home saving you, your friends and family the driving time and expense of staying overnight and eating out. Patients say we’ve made their lives easier by the cancer care resources we offer in Northfield.
Cancer Care & Infusion Center
We offer comprehensive breast cancer services including:
- On-site cancer clinic where medical oncologists from Mayo Clinic and Minnesota Oncology see patients
- Mayo Clinic Radiation Therapy across the street
- Full service chemotherapy and infusions in a calm, soothing setting
- Surgical services, including biopsies and reconstruction
- Cancer Care Navigator
- Support Groups
- On-site lab services
Get detailed information on the Cancer Care & Infusion Center.
Breast Cancer Support Group
The Breast Cancer Support Group is open to all, no matter where you are at in your breast cancer journey. It offers patients support and education and a chance to share stories. The group meets the third Tuesday of each month from 5:00-6:30 pm. For more information, contact the Breast Care Coordinator at 507-646-1455.