Helping You Stay In Your Home - Northfield Home Care
There truly is no place like home, and at Northfield Home Care, we want to help you enjoy your home for as long as possible. Northfield Home Care, a service of Northfield Hospital + Clinics, provides skilled nursing visits to people who want care, but find it difficult to leave their homes. Our highly trained staff offers a variety of services right in your home, so you can continue to enjoy your independent lifestyle without compromising your well-being
Aging in Place
Many people want to remain in their homes as they age. Northfield Home Care provides skilled nursing visits so that people can stay in their homes and delay or avoid nursing home care. We allow you to remain in your familiar environments for as long as possible – without compromising your medical or personal care.
Services We Offer:
- Assistance with activities of daily living
- Care coordination with primary healthcare provider
- Consultation and family support Patient education
- Discharge planning to ensure a smooth transition back home
- Physical, occupational, speech and swallowing therapies
Benefits of Home Care
- Keep your Independence
- Involvement in treatment and decisions
- More comfortable at home
- Lower cost than alternatives
- Faster release from hospital
- Better morale
- Build a stronger support system
- Continuity of care
The Home Care team makes an initial assessment and works with your primary care provider to create a care plan that is tailored with your specific needs.
Your Care Plan
Your care plan is designed specifically for you based on your care needs and preferences.
Home Care services are provided by a team of health care professionals who takes care to preserve the familiar, daily routines whenever possible. Every team member is committed to providing compassionate, highly skilled care with a personal touch.
The Home Care team may consist of:
- The person receiving care
- Family and Friends
- Your Primary Doctor
- Case Manager/Registered Nurses
- Registered Nurses
- Physical Therapists
- Occupational Therapists
- Speech Therapists
- Home Health Aides
- Social Workers
- Assist with activities of daily living
- Coordinate care with primary healthcare provider
- Manage medications
- Provide IV therapy
- Provide wound care and wound vac
- Provide ostomy care
- Manage and evaluate Plan of Care education
- Consult and provide family support
- Provide patient education
- Handle discharge planning to ensure a smooth transition back home
Home Health Aides
- Assist with personal care such as dressing, bathing, oral hygiene, shaving, hair-skin-nail care and foot care
- Assist with home exercise programs
- Help with eating
- Assist with walking and transfers
- Provide bowel/bladder support
Social Work services available regarding community resources and support.
Therapy and More
All therapies listed are included, based on insurance coverage, as part of the care as needed. We can arrange for ancillary services to be performed in your home, including:
- Physical therapy - Our physical therapists (PT) work on daily activities with a focus on safety, mobility, balance, and endurance. Therapists teach skills to transfer from one location to another, walking, stairs, strengthening, and fall prevention strategies.
- Occupational therapy - Our occupational therapists teach skills to help with dressing, bathing, eating, meal preparation and light housekeeping. Therapists will address adaptive self-care techniques, strategies to compensate for mental impairment, energy conservation, and strengthening.
- Speech and swallowing therapy - Our speech therapists treat speech, language, cognitive-communication, voice, swallowing, fluency and other conditions.
- Social workers - They educate you and your family regarding community resources and support.
Meals on Wheels delivers meals right to your home. Meals that include an entree, beverage and dessert and are delivered by volunteers seven days a week, every day of the year – even on holidays. Meals-on-Wheels is available within the Northfield city limits. To learn more about the program and to see if you qualify, call the Nutrition Services Department at 507-646-1022. Learn more about Meals on Wheels.
Does Northfield Home Care Accept Medicare?
At Northfield Home Care, we accept both Medicare and Medical Assistance, as well as many types of private insurance. To learn more about our payment options, call 507-646-1457.
- Dakota County
- Goodhue County
- Le Sueur County
- Rice County
- Scott County
Care Team - Top Doctors & Providers
- Kathryn Benjamin, RN
- Lindsay Bergeson, RN
- Lainey Durscher, RN
- Mya Jirik, RN
- Yvonne House, RN
- Emily Osgar, RN
- Jan Rohwer, RN
- Vicki Schetnan, RN
- Kayla Zandstra. RN
Home Health Aides
- Wanda Bottema, HHA
- Patricia Kadrlik, HHA
- Denise Peterson, HHA
- Lisa Sevcik, HHA
- Other Home Care Team Members
- Susan Warring MSW - Homecare Social Worker
- Leilani Legried - Intake/Referrals
- Charlye Bruneau, MSN, RN - Director