Helping You Stay In Your Home - Northfield Home Care
There truly is no place like home, and at Northfield Home Care, we want to help you enjoy your home as long as possible. Northfield Home Care, a service of Northfield Hospital & Clinics, provides skilled nursing visits to area residents who want to have state-of-the-art care, but find it difficult to leave their homes. Our highly-trained staff offers an array of medical services right in your home, so you can continue to enjoy your independent lifestyle without compromising your well-being.
Aging in Place
Nursing homes and assisted-living communities can offer plenty of benefits for seniors, but all those advantages can be virtually meaningless to those men and women who want desperately to remain in their homes as they get older. The problem of aging in place is not unique to Minnesotans; the entire population of America is getting older, and the need for in-home services aimed at enabling men and women to stay in their homes and delay or avoid nursing home care is soaring as a result. Northfield Hospital & Clinics founded its home care program to meet that growing need and to help men and women remain in their own familiar environments for as long as possible – without compromising their medical or personal care.
Benefits of Home Care
- Keep your Independence
- Involvement in treatment and decisions
- More comfortable at home
- Lower cost than alternatives
- Faster release from hospital
- Better morale
- Build a stronger support system
- Continuity of care
The Home Care team makes an initial assessment and works with your primary care provider to create a care plan that is tailored with your specific needs.
Your Care Plan
Your care plan is designed specifically for you based on your care needs and preferences.
Home Care services are provided by a team of health care professionals who takes care to preserve the familiar, daily routines whenever possible. Every team member is committed to providing compassionate, highly skilled care with a personal touch.
The Home Care team may consist of:
- The person receiving care
- Family and Friends
- Your Primary Doctor
- Case Manager
- Registered Nurses
- Physical Therapists
- Occupational Therapists
- Speech Therapists
- Home Health Aides
- Social Workers
Therapy and More
All therapies listed are included as part of the care as needed. We can arrange for ancillary services to be performed in your home, including:
- Physical therapy - Our physical therapists (PT) work on daily activities with a focus on safety, mobility, balance, and endurance. Therapists teach skills to transfer from one location to another, walking, stairs, strengthening, and fall prevention strategies.
- Occupational therapy - Our occupational therapists teach skills to help with dressing, bathing, eating, meal preparation and light housekeeping. Therapists will address adaptive self-care techniques, strategies to compensate for mental impairment, energy conservation, and strengthening.
- Speech and swallowing therapy - Our speech therapists treat speech, language, cognitive-communication, voice, swallowing, fluency and other conditions.
- Social workers - help determine your needs and identify any limitations, barriers or safety issues that might slow recovery. They educate you and your family regarding community resources and support.
If you would like meals delivered to your home, consider Meals on Wheels. Meals on Wheels provides meals that include an entree, beverage and dessert and are delivered by volunteers seven days a week, every day of the year – even on holidays. Meals-on-Wheels is available within the Northfield city limits. To learn more about the program and to see if you qualify, call the Nutrition Services Department at Northfield Hospital at (507) 646-1022.
Does Northfield Home Care Accept Medicare?
At Northfield Home Care, we accept both Medicare and Medical Assistance, as well as many types of private insurance. To learn more about our payment options, call 507-646-1457.
- Dakota County
- Goodhue County
- Le Sueur County
- Rice County
- Scott County
- Steele County
Care Team - Top Doctors & Providers
- Kathryn Benjamin, RN
- Lindsay Bergeson, RN
- Lainey Durscher, RN
- Emily Osgar, RN
- Yvonne House, RN
- Jan Rohwer, RN
- Vicki Schetnan, RN
- Kayla Zandstra, RN
Home Health Aides
- Wanda Bottema, HHA
- Patricia Kadrlik, HHA
- Denise Peterson, HHA
- Lisa Sevcik, HHA
- Other Home Care Team Members
- Susan Warring MSW - Homecare Social Worker
- Leilani Legried - Intake/Referrals