Occupational therapists (OTs) help people of all ages participate in the things they want and need to do in their everyday life.
Northfield Home Care: (507) 646-1457
Northfield Hospital: (507) 646-1000
Rehabilitation Services: Lakeville: (952) 985-2020
Rehabilitation Services: Northfield: (507) 646-8800
Getting Back to Life's Daily Activities - Occupational Therapy
Occupational therapists (OTs) help people of all ages participate in the things they want and need to do in their everyday life. Our occupational therapists will help you get back to daily activities like bathing, dressing, doing things around the house or out in the community. If you are impaired by normal aging, illness, injury or a developmental disability, we can help.
Occupational Therapy Services at the Rehabilitation Clinic
OTs use a holistic approach in which you are an integral part of the therapy team. We will evaluate you and your environment, and work with you to create a treatment plan that is specific to your needs. We use goal-directed activities that promote independence and prevention of disability. We will work with you to get you back to life to the fullest.
Services may include:
- Comprehensive evaluations of your home and other environments (e.g., workplace, school)
- Recommendations for adaptive equipment and training in its use
- Cognitive assessment
- Guidance and education for family members and caregivers
Occupational Therapy Services in the Hospital
Hospital patients can experience numerous complications related to their medical conditions and/or the surgeries they have had. Occupational therapy plays an important role in facilitating early mobilization, restoring function, preventing further decline, and coordinating care, including transition and discharge planning. Occupational therapy in the hospital may include:
- Activities of daily living assessment
- Adaptive equipment assessment and training
- Assist in discharge planning and transition to home
- Cognitive/Perceptual assessment and retraining
- Education in post-surgical protocols and precautions
- Fall prevention
- Home exercise program development
- Improving eye-hand coordination
- Recovery from injury, surgery or illness
- Strategies for short-term memory loss
- Strengthening and reconditioning
Occupational Therapy Services at Home
If you are home bound and need occupational therapy at home, we can help. Our home care occupational therapy services are coordinated through either Northfield Home Care , a service of Northfield Hospital + Clinics or Rice County Home Care(link is external).