This strawberry and spinach salad makes for a delicious side dish or can be topped with your favorite protein such as chicken or legumes for a satisfying meal.
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons white vinegar
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon onion, minced
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 4 cups strawberries, sliced
- 10 cups baby spinach
- For the dressing: Pour the olive oil, vinegar, sugar, onion, poppy seeds, Worcestershire sauce, and paprika in a jar. Cover and shake well. Refrigerate for at least one hour.
- In a large bowl, toss together the spinach, strawberries and almonds.
- Drizzle with the dressing and toss to coat the spinach leaves. Alternatively, serve dressing on the side.
Makes 10 (1 cup) servings.
For 1 cup: 139 calories, 11 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 mg cholesterol, 20 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate (6 g sugars, 2 g fiber), 2 g protein.