Caring for Your Child - Pediatrics Rehabilitation Services
Medical conditions, illness, injury or premature birth can all lead to delays in your child's development. We know your child has unique rehabilitation needs. We are here to help. We serve children from infancy to 18 years of age who are experiencing problems with developmental delays, daily activities, speech or chronic conditions.
Our experienced and highly-trained team partner with families, school personnel and health care providers to make the most of your child's abilities. Recognizing that childhood is a special time of life, we incorporate fun and playful therapy activities to promote progress.
FREE Developmental Screening
Available for ages 4 – 6 months old, this screening is for early detection of developmental delays. During the assessment, a therapist will work with your child to evaluate gross motor skills.
- Early detection of developmental delays
- Determine the need for further assessment or early intervention services
- Parents can ask questions of voice concerns
Pediatric Rehabilitation Specialties
- Children's orthopedics
- Feeding and swallowing therapy
- Neurologic rehab
- Premature birth follow up
- Self-care skills
- Sensory integration
- Speech and language development
- Sports injury rehabilitation
- Therapeutic listening program
Conditions We Treat
- Attention Deficit Disorder
- Autism Spectrum Disorders
- Balance and Gait
- Cancer Related Issues
- Cardiac Complications
- Cerebral Palsy
- Childhood Obesity
- Developmental Delays
- Down Syndrome
- Fetal Alcohol Syndrome
- Genetic Conditions
- Juvenile Rheumatology
- Muscular Dystrophy
- Neurologic Disorders/ Neuromuscular Disorders
- Sensory Processing Disorders
- Speech and Language Delays
- Spina Bifida
- Toe Walking
Symptoms of Developmental Delay
- Decreased attention span
- Delayed motor development (sitting, crawling, walking, etc.)
- Delayed speech or oral motor skills
- Delayed language development
- Difficulty tolerating touch, texture, sound or movement
- Limited purposeful play
- Limited social skills
- Poor coordination or poor balance
Your Care Team
We love working with kids and are dedicated to helping your child succeed. Many team members have advanced training and certifications.
Your family is an important part of your child’s rehabilitation team. You know your child’s needs at home, school and in the community. We teach you how to continue rehabilitation in these environments.
Our occupational therapists will evaluate and treat fine motor, self-help, feeding, oral sensitivities and school readiness skills. We help with daily life skills such as eating, dressing, writing, social skills, and we will help your child improve strength and develop skills to be more independent.
Our physical therapists evaluate and treat large motor skills such as rolling, crawling, sitting and walking. We will help your child increase body strength, balance and coordination.
Our speech-language pathologists evaluate and treat speech and communication skills.
Home Care Pediatric Rehabilitation Services
If your child is home-bound and needs rehabilitation services at home, we can help. We will coordinate through either Northfield Home Care, a service of Northfield Hospital or Rice County Home Care.