Pregnancy Care/Obstetrics - Women's Health
Whether you’re pregnant, trying or thinking about it, this is an exciting time in your life. Your child’s birth will be life changing. Our team wants to make it an incredible experience and help you give birth your way. Everybody's birth story is powerful. We want your birth story to be memorable and the story you want it to be.
From childbirth planning to fertility issues to physical and emotional changes, our team offers supportive, compassionate care. You probably have many questions. Our providers, with years of experience caring for moms and babies, have the answers. Because the team is all-female, they understand your needs as a woman and provide caring, support and guidance based on your personal needs and wishes.
By choosing to receive care from our highly qualified, board certified obstetrician/gynecologists, you take an important step toward your - and your baby's - best health.
Giving birth is a natural part of life. Our Certified Nurse Midwives (CNM) provide a natural childbirth experience. They believe in letting the miracle of birth unfold through empowerment, attentive waiting, natural alternatives and low intervention. Whether you want a natural birth or you want to try having a natural birth, but like having the resources of a hospital or doctor if needed, we’ve got you covered. Learn more about Midwife.
Hooray You're Pregnant! What's Next?
Your first OB visit will happen between 8-10 weeks of pregnancy and will include three separate appointments on the same day.
- First appointment: You will meet with the clinic nurse who will review your medications, what to expect at your appointments, frequency of visits, prenatal tests and much more.
- Second appointment: You will have an ultrasound.
- Third appointment: You'll meet with your provider. She will review your past medical history, previous pregnancies, answer your questions and do a physical exam, if necessary.
- You will also need to give a urine sample and have your blood drawn.
- Frequency of visits thereafter
- Every 4 weeks up until 28 weeks of pregnancy
- Every 2 weeks up until 36 weeks of pregnancy
- Weekly from 36 weeks up until delivery
Childbirth Forms - Please complete all forms around 20 weeks. Please print form 3 and bring to your 20+ week clinic visit.
- Patient Registration Form - This form collects information we need to get your registered before you come to the hospital.
- My Birth Plan Form - A birth plan lets us know your wishes for your child's birth. You will answer questions regarding your birth experience: labor, delivery, baby care/feeding education needs, etc. This helps us to provide the individualized care you want during your delivery.
- MN Department of Health Birth Record Form - This form collects information to create your baby's birth record and birth certificate.
The Birth Center
The birth of your baby is a deeply personal experience for you and your family. The Birth Center offers a nurturing, family-centered and safe environment that allows you to focus on the miracle of your new baby. Families enjoy the continuity of care ,as many will have the same nurses from delivery to after-care. Our nurses understand your journey, your personal needs, and your baby care education needs.
For a tour of the Birth Center, please call (507) 646-1205.