Early treatment of the symptoms of Parkinson's disease can lead to a better quality of life. We offer LSVT BIG® and LSVT LOUD® programs which are evidence-based speech, physical and occupational therapies for people in all stages of Parkinson's. LSVT BIG® and LSVT LOUD® are two different programs: LSVT BIG® improves mobility and movement used in everyday function through physical and/or occupational therapy. LSVT LOUD® improves communication in daily living through speech therapy. Scientific and clinical research support this treatment program in impacting quality of life.
What is LSVT BIG® and LOUD®?
LSVT BIG® is an intensive one-on-one treatment program designed to train people with Parkinson's to use their body more normally. Treatment is customized to individual needs and goals and has been shown to be effective at all stages and severity of the disease. Participants have shown improvement in motor function including: faster walking with bigger steps, improved balance, and increased trunk rotation.
LSVT LOUD® is an effective speech treatment developed for people with Parkinson's to use their voice at a more normal loudness level while speaking at home, work & in the community. Participants have shown improvement including: increased vocal loudness, greater articulation and speech intelligibility.
LSVT BIG® and LOUD® Treatment
- Initial evaluation(s) to ensure individuals are appropriate for the program(s) and establish goals. After the evaluation, you may participate in BIG®, LOUD® or both programs. Patients are strongly encouraged to bring a family member to the initial evaluation.
- 16 treatment sessions each for BIG and LOUD: 4 days a week for 4 consecutive weeks. Each session lasts for 1 hour.
- Daily homework assignments designed to carry over progress from therapy into normal daily living.
Who will Benefit from LSVT BIG® and LOUD®?
- Individuals interested in learning how to prevent decline
- Individuals experiencing symptoms of Parkinson's that interfere with everyday activities
- Individuals who have not yet begun to have significant problems with their communication or mobility often see the best results
- Individuals of all stages & severity of the disease have potential to make significant improvements
- Individuals with other neurological conditions causing difficulties with movement and communication may also benefit from this treatment
For more information and patient testimonials please visit www.LSVTGlobal.com